Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Journey begins.. [Part3]

Huge flight, with 2+4+2 seater. I chose an aisle seat on a 2 seater side as the journey is around 14 hrs and it's easy to move out without disturbing anyone.. But unfortunately I ended up sitting near the window again, upon on the request of a 40+ yr old gentleman saying he ll be moving out to lavatory very frequently. I could not deny his request, atleast a respect to his age! Finally we came to a deal, that we both share the aisle seat for sometime each! But the fact is, I didn't sit in aisle through out the journey to NewYork. I didn't find a need to sit either as it gave little more comfy than the previous fligh. After the same safety routines, the crew started serving breakfast again. But it's the perfect time to have it. Had some yellow rice with hariyali  mutter and paneer, again along with the default ones' that comes with the pack! Couldn't resist the hunger yet! There rose the demon!! Yes, fed a chicken burger to the hunger demon..  And then I was feeling good!  

Then browsed some movies, there were several box office hits like 'Sherlock homes', quiet older ones', but worth watching again like 'The beautiful minds', some anims for kids, like 'Shrek', and even regional movies in Tamil, Hindi, Chinese, Korean, Sinhalese, etc.. totalling 200+ movies!!, a huge collection, and they name it as 'E-Box'.. Hmm.. Kind of felt sleepy, though started watching some movies randomly hear than there. However, I lost fighting the sleep. Just hearing some musics on my iPad, felt asleep soon, may be for 3 to 4 hrs, I dono, but had a comfortable sleep finally. 

Almost half way on Atlantic, gave a breath taking view of the ocean, through the window. Blue sea and blue sky mixed with white snow like clouds and icebergs looked fresh and beautiful.  The whole flight inside gave an effect of midnight, with night lamps and no open windows. Actually it's mid day over Atlantic. The moment I opened the window, is just like enlighting the whole flight with lights from blue moon!! Dint get much time to enjoy the view on Atlantic, as I felt I might be disturbing the people sleeping nearby with such a bright light from outside. So captured the moment in cam, and back to candle light dinner kind of ambience by the dropping down the shutter. 

Back to the square, started watching the movie "In Time" and they played some games over there, and then watched one animation movie, with some eatable like fresh fruits and juices on the fly! 14hrs of journey went just like that. Really dint feel the pain of travelling for such a long time.  Three  reasons I can state for it is, good companion nearby, who doesn't bother me much, perfect sleep initially, and things to keep myself busy with, like movies, musics, games etc.. and of course eatables too! Did I forget to say that I had food with lamb steaks too?  Yummy! Good one for lunch.. Almost there at JFK.

#My First Journey to USA [May 7-13, 2012]

No comments: